Thursday 9 July 2015

Liquid Eyeliner: Maybelline VS Collection

A good drugstore eyeliner is quite a hard thing to come by. I find that a lot of the formulas are far too runny, or the colour isnt nearly opaque enough. To help anyone who is just starting out with makeup, or indeed anyone who is looking for a cheap, reliable eyeliner, I decided to write a review on the differences between two drugstore eyeliners.
So first up we have the Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner. Now I'd heard some pretty good reviews on this, so when I bought it I had quite high hopes. It's a good eyeliner for anyone who doesnt want such a harsh black liner, as it looks quite watered down. The felt tip is also a good shape for easy application, so a good choice for beginners. However, for me this product was a disappointment. Personally I like a very opaque black liner, and this just wasnt up to standard. It takes quite a while to build up the colour which is unfortunate. The eyeliner doesnt last very long at all, and smudges very easily. It was £5.99, which I think is quit a high price for something of below average quality.
This here is the Collection Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner. I tried it for the first time today because it was recommended by a friend. I'm honestly in love with it. The felt tip is, again, a great shape which means it is easy to apply, perfect for beginners (or people with shaky hands). The liner itself leaves a very opaque black colour, no building up required. It also dries quickly and doesnt budge at all. I accidentally rubbed my eyes while wearing it, and got no smudging and no colour transfer on my hand at all. I did notice that when I swatched it on my hand, it bleeds into the surrounding skin ever so slightly, but overall, a brilliant liner and cheap as chips at £2.99!
To the left is the Maybelline Master Precise and to the right is Collection Extreme.
Please leave a comment if this review was helpful in any way, and also tell me what you'd like me to compare next!
Yasmin x




1 comment: