Tuesday 7 July 2015

Desk Organisation!

This is my study area. I've just organised it ready for September because I'm finally starting college. Some of you might think its a bit early, but for the first time in my life I'm doing things ahead of schedule!
I'll go clockwise and explain things as I see them! At the moment I'm reading Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. I've read it before, but I felt like re-reading it because I adore the way she describes everything. I find the settings so lovely, I cant get enough! Underneath that is Glamour UK, which I like to flick through when I'm bored. I've read this edition around ten times, but thats probably something to do with me loving Taylor Swift.. Moving on, I have a really pretty makeup bag from Clinique, which was given to me by my grandma a few years ago. I figured it would be ideal for things like hand cream and lip balm for when I need it (you never know when you'll get dry lips. In my case thats always..). In the corner is an adorable vintage mirror that one of my sisters gave me a while back. I never really found a spot for it, but I think it looks perfect there! I've put a candle next to it because, I mean.. Candles? Plus this one is purple and smells like lavender so it's a win-win for me! I bought it from HomeBase, which actually do really nice candles. Then I have my pink alarm clock, which my mum bought for me from Fenwicks, I think two years ago? But for some reason the batteries don't last very long, which is a bit disappointing because its so cute. Although the alarm is ear piercing... Bang in the middle of my desk is my very large laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro, which is pretty slow, but it enables me to watch Game of Thrones so I'm not complaining! To the right is a little pack of notebooks for various things. Theres a birthday book, an address book, a diary, a journal, and a notebook. Very handy! I have an old mug from Germany that got chipped, but I couldn't bring myself to throw it away (it was a present from two of my lovely sisters), so I decided to use it as a pen pot! It also has a fake flower in there, but you know, it adds to the character! I also have a letter holder there with some stickers in it (I love stickers so much), but seeing as I dont get any letters it doesn't really have a use except scrap paper. In front of that is a fluffy pencil case which I got six years ago but I'm emotionally attached to it. It has all my colour pencils in it so it's very important. And finally I have my huge pink notebook and my 2015 diary! To be honest, the diary is pretty empty because I write all my events in the calendar on my phone. But I really like the pattern of the cover so I couldnt resist it! It's from a shop called The Works. If you're interested, my plain white desk is from Ikea and I stole my chair from my brother, so I can't tell you where that's from unfortunately!
Anyway! I hope you enjoyed that speedy (har) overview of my desk area. Do leave a comment if you have any questions, and also tell me what your desk necessities are!
Yasmin x


2 comments: